Thursday 3 May 2012

Oaty Blueberry Bars

Must write down this delicious slice recipe while I can remember what I did!!!



http://www.choosingraw.com/breakfast-to-go-vegan-blueberry-oat-bars/

I found this recipe but un-veganised it as I didn't have the vegan ingredients it needs.

Base
3 cups of rolled oats: blitz 2 cups in your food processor to a flour-like consistency
1/3 cup of raw sugar
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon each of cinnamon and bicarb of soda

Mix them together in a large bowl.

Whisk together
a ripe, mashed banana
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons of maple syrup and work them into the oats.
Press into a baking tin, mine measures 9inch by about 4inches.

Filling
2 large tablespoons of your favourite jam, I had strawberry and plum
3/4 cup of frozen blueberries, thawed and mixed with the jam. Spread this on the base.

Topping
3T raw sugar
3T desiccated coconut
2T soft butter, mix these ingredients together( I had 2-3 Ts of oat flour leftover so I mixed that in too.
Sprinkle over the top and bake at 180C for around 30minutes, until the top is browned and crisp.

Let it sit to cool as the jam will be very hot and runny.



Joe just had two pieces and he keeps saying, "Wow wow wow!" It would be lovely with cream or custard too but is moist enough to stand alone.

Enjoy
xxx


2 comments: