Friday 18 May 2012

Simple Oaty Biscuits

We have a nice shop locally called The Pantryman where you can buy all manners of grains/beans/flours etc loose so just as much as you need for a particular recipe or just a little to try to see if you like it. I had rolled triticale and rolled barley as well as rolled oats I wanted to use so I modified this recipe to suit us.

I really liked the ease of measuring here, whole cups of the main ingredients and melted butter make a quick bake! This made about 30 biscuits.

You'll need to mix together.....

11/2 cups rolled oats(or whatever rolled grains you wish)
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
1 cup plain wholemeal flour
1/2 cup sugar

Melt in small pan

125gms butter
3T water
1T treacle/syrup/honey/maple syrup
1/2t bicarb of soda

Stir into the dry mix and shape into walnut balls, place on greased tray and bake at 170C for about 15minutes.

Cake in a Mug

Recently a friend on facebook was talking about those Cake in a Cup recipes and we found one that uses Nutella! Joe loved this so this is what I did...

Mixed together very thoroughly and place into 2 mugs, microwave one at a time on high for about 2 minutes but please keep an eye on it!

4T self-raising flour
2T sugar
2T cocoa powder
1 egg
1T oil
2T milk
2-3T Nutella
a few choc chips

I haven't photographed the biscuits and this photo of the Nutella pud isn't much chop sorry. It was good with some yoghurt and fruit on top!




Ahhh another week almost over, I have some pretty hibiscus flowers to show you hopefully later today, yes, it's either a feast or a famine at this blog!

The breadmaker is on already, I'll make some Minestrone style soup for our lunches with some cooked Puy lentils I had in the freezer and we have leftover lasagne for dinner...we're certainly doing very well on Rhonda's "Eat less meat" challenge!

I do hope you enjoy your weekend
Love from Sue
xx

PS Priscilla is home from the hospital and feeling sore and tired but very happy.

PPS in all my recipes I use these abbreviations
T = tablespoon
t = teaspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment